The Europa Point Lighthouse is located at the extreme southern tip of the Gibraltar peninsula at the Strait of Gibraltar leading from the Mediterranean Sea to the east to the Atlantic Ocean to the west. This light was built in 1841 and is a 62' tall masonry tower. The lighthouse is white with a large red horizontal stripe. The lighthouse is operated by Trinity House and managed by the Government of Gibraltar. Photos taken in October 2016.